- Rare Opportunity at The Croft, To Purchase A House With Garage
- Close To Medical Centre
- Two Double Bedrooms
- Master Bedroom With Ensuite
- Open Plan Kitchen / Dining / Living
- Secluded Garden
- EXCLUSIVE OVER 55'S DEVELOPMENT
- No Forward Chain
- EPC Rating: B
Well-presented, two bedroom chalet bungalow home at an EXCLUSIVE OVER 55'S HAVEN in Bourne. This spacious bespoke 2 bed chalet bungalow with en suite garage. Originally designed to serve as a three bedroom - three bathroom house but has been cleverly converted to provide more open plan living space by the present owner, however the layout can easily be converted back to suit the needs of the new occupiers.
The accommodation comprises of an entrance hall through to an open plan fitted kitchen / dining room with granite work surfaces and NEFF integrated appliances including combination oven, five-ring electric hob with extractor hood over and integrated washing machine, off which an additional reception room which could be used as a downstairs bedroom if required. The ground floor also offers a good-sized lounge with contemporary fireplace and feature bay window and a downstairs cloakroom / WC which was originally designed to house a shower and has the potential to be converted for this use.
The first floor offers a master bedroom with built-in wardrobes, feature bay window and door to the shower ensuite with heated towel rail and wall-mounted hairdryer, an additional double bedroom with storage and fitted wardrobes and three-piece bathroom including heated towel rail, roll-top freestanding bath and wall-mounted hairdryer.
Externally the property benefits from a garage with power, lighting, eaves storage and parking in front. To the rear is a secluded garden with a paved patio seating area, well-maintained lawn, ornamental pond, outside tap and power.
Services at The Manor House
- On site manager and assistant manager, Monday to Friday (out of hours via the Appollo pull cord system)
- Laundry and drying room
- Kitchen, dining room and lounge available for the use of residents generally and for private functions
- Games room
- A flat for residents guests available to rent at a cost of £15 per night
- Easy, flat walking distance to Bourne for Supermarkets and Shops
- A bus stop at the entrance to The Croft for journeys to Peterborough via Market Deeping
- A bus service to Stamford via Ryhall from the nearby bus terminus
- A doctors surgery at the entrance to The Croft
- The Butterfield Care Services within a short walking distance
Residents Association and Social Activities
All residents are automatically members of the Residents Association and the social activities are many and varied. These included the following: Tea and chat, Cribbage, Fitness class, Croquet, Coffee mornings, Darts, Fish and chip suppers, Scrabble, Sewing club, Bingo, Whist and bridge, Reading group, Beetle drives, Pamper treatments, Occasional socials and Ladies fashion events.
The historic market town of Bourne has many shops, garden centres, churches, public houses and hotels to be found, along with outdoor and indoor swimming pools, two leisure centres and good medical facilities. Other recreational amenities in the area include several golf courses, the ancient Bourne Woods close by and Rutland Water between Stamford and Oakham for fishing, sailing and other pursuits.
Not only benefiting from excellent primary schools; secondary education in the town is exceptional, provided by the renowned Bourne Grammar School and Bourne Academy. Additional state and independent schooling can be found in nearby market towns such as Stamford, Market Deeping and Spalding. High speed trains from Peterborough (only 19 miles away) to London Kings Cross take approximately 46 minutes; ideal for the commuter. The A1 road is only 12 miles away.